Sony took the morning to announce two new smartphones for developing markets, giving folks a couple of more low-cost Android-based options if they’re looking to get a new smartphone on the cheap. Say hello to the Sony Xperia E1, as well as the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. The former is a 4-inch WVGA dual-core smartphone, while the latter takes things up a notch with 6-inch 720p goodness.
Sony Xperia E1
This smallish smartphone brings a decent option that should go easy on the pockets. Its 4-inch display is only WVGA 800 x 480 resolution, but that should look crisp enough on such a small display. The rest of the specs aren’t exactly blowing other devices out of the water, but they should be enough to get you through your day-to-day life:
- 4” WVGA (800 x 480) display
- Qualcomm MSM8210 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB storage
- 1,700mAh battery
- WalkmanTM key, shake to shuffle and hardware controls for easy music control
- Cat 14 HSPA+
- Available in white, black and purple
It also features a 100dB speaker, and will come with a free 30-day trial to Sony’s Music Unlimited service, giving you a pretty nice experience for listening to all the music you love. Sony will also offer this phone in a dual-SIM configuration, giving you the ability to use multiple lines on the same device with ease.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
The Xperia T2 Ultra is a bit more capable, though you could still consider this an mid-range smartphone up against other 5.5-inch to 6-inch offerings out there. Specs? Sure, here you go:
- 6” HD display (720p) with TRILUMINOSTM and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for mobile
- Quad-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage (microSD card slot expandable up to 32GB)
- 13 megapixel camera with Exmor RS for mobile
- 1.1 megapixel front facing camera with Exmor R
- Large 3000 mAh embedded battery with Battery STAMINA Mode
This one also comes in dual-SIM flavor.
Pricing and availability
Sony didn’t have any pricing information to give out right away, but the Japanese company does tell us to expect this thing in China, the Middle East, Africa and Asia at some point within the next month or two. The phones aren’t expected to break the bank, of course — you’ll need ot look to options such as the Xperia Z1s for that sort of high-end goodness.
- AndroidArea ThanksGiveaway Thursday
- Happy Thanksgiving from Phandroid!
- Google Play Movies & TV Cyber Weekend deal
- You can now buy a brown leather or stainless
- Check out the Sony Xperia E1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.