You might think that most folks are waiting on the arrival of Android 4.4 KitKat, but many are still waiting to be stepped up to Android 4.3. One group of owners included in that pile are owners of the HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint, and while HTC already confirmed the device would be getting the upgrade we’ve never had a solid timeline to look forward to.
Thankfully, HTC’s Jason Mackenzie quieted the requests for an ETA by giving us one: the Android 4.3 upgrade for the HTC EVO 4G LTE will be entering testing in mid-January, and should be rolling out to folks in mid-February. Along with the under-the-hood goods Android 4.3 brings, HTC will also be bringing HTC Sense 5, which includes an enhanced BlinkFeed and new camera features.
Of course, that still leaves the issue of KitKat — will it get it or not? We can’t say for sure just yet as HTC hasn’t been interested in giving us any news in regards to that. We haven’t even gotten any news on the upgrade for the international HTC One X which the EVO 4G LTE is based on. HTC will likely be focusing on their 2013 One lineup first, but only time will tell if they’ll have enough time to squeeze their 2012 options into their KitKat upgrade plans.
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G LTE forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.