It was only on Tuesday we told you guys about the new and improved Android 4.4 KitKat build (KRT16S) rolling out to the Nexus 4. Sure you could wait around for the over-the-air update to get pushed to your device, but if it’s one thing I’ve learned about Android users over the years, it’s that they’re impatient. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, if you have the technical know-how, it’s possible to take matters into your own hands and flash the OTA update via ADB.
There’s always the custom recovery route, but not every recovery is compatible and you’ll lose root. Of course, you can always wait for the update to hit your device, cherishing your last remaining moments with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Official download link from Google’s servers provided below. For reference, we’ve included a handy walkthrough video from qbking77 showing the steps for manual installation.
Download: KRT16S OTA update (239MB)
- Nexus 4 getting Android L?
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One M8 receives Android 4.4.3 on T-Mobile
- Check out the Nexus 4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4 KitKat, KitKat, KRT16S, Nexus 4