We’re back with another episode of the Mobile Roar Podcast! Of course the vast majority of the news is Android related, but for those that like keeping up-to-date with the goings on of other mobile platforms, we cover those as well. This week we talked about the new Nexus 7, Chromecast, how Apple and Google are bullying Microsoft, the new Motorola DROID Ultra and Motorola DROID Maxx, as well as the leaked Nokia phablet.
The Mobile Roar Podcast is the combination of WinSource, Phandroid, and iSource. Each week we cover the big stories in mobile, and share our opinions as users of different platforms. On the podcast this week, along with myself was Joe Fedewa, Kevin Krause, and Edgar Cervantes. Sit back, relax, and listen to the roars of mobile enthusiasts discussing the top stories in mobile for the week.
- Verizon announces the Motorola DROID Maxx! Features 48 hours of battery life
- Verizon officially announces the Motorola DROID Ultra, coming August 20th for $199
- Motorola DROID Mini is a 4.3-inch Android, launches August 28th for $100
- Google officially announces the Nexus 7
- Apple purchases HopStop, immediately kills Windows Phone app
- To avoid electrocution, use only official Apple iPhone chargers
- Google announces Chromecast streaming dongle, no-brainer at $35
- Google officially unveils Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Leaked photo reveals first look at Nokia’s 6-inch Lumia phablet
- Joe Belfiore addresses lack of major Windows Phone updates
- Developer portal status page live as Apple continues to recover from security breach