As Samsung’s total number of Galaxy S3 handsets sold passes the 40 million mark, another milestone has been reached. Since the introduction of the original Galaxy S back in spring of 2010, a total of 100 million devices falling under the brand have been sold.
Each iteration of the Galaxy S has been hotter than the last. The Galaxy S3 currently sells at the rate of 190,000 units per day. It took seven months to reach the 40 million mark. By comparison, it took the Galaxy S2 20 months to achieve the same figure. As a less favorable comparison, Apple sells about the same number of iPhones every three months.
- NSFW: Samsung Gear VR porn
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.