Samsung is continuing its line of Android-based media players with the introduction of the Galaxy Player 5.8. The device might be better called a tablet with its jumbo-sized 5.8-inch display at 960 x 540 resolution. The Galaxy Player 5.8 runs Android 4.0 and Samsung’s latest TouchWiz interface and comes with 16GB or 32GB of storage, a 2,500mAh battery, and a front-facing camera. An internal processor wasn’t named, but we don’t expect it to be near the quad-core Exynos chip found in the Galaxy S3. A release date is unknown at this time, but we should be learning more about the Galaxy Player 5.8 at IFA next week.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.