Samsung has posted the source code for the FF18 Android 4.0 software update for the Epic 4G Touch to their Open Source Release Center, a day or so shy of Sprint’s rumored rollout of Ice Cream Sandwich for their Galaxy S II variant. The code can be found by visiting the OSRC site and searching for the phones model number SPH-D710.
While the availability of the Android 4.0 source won’t do much for those awaiting the official update, which is now said to be commencing tomorrow, July 12th, it should come in handy for those looking to practice a bit of custom ROM development. At the very least it is confirmation that FF18 is the final build and further supports the idea that the update should be headed out this week.
[via Samsung OSRC | Thanks, Brendan!]
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Jelly Bean update now available for Samsung E
- Samsung pushing fix for Exynos exploit, T-Mob
- Major security flaw discovered in latest Exyn
- Check out the Samsung Epic 4G Touch forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Epic 4G Touch