Our love for developers will continue for eternity, but we’re especially showing our affection this month (Developer Appreciation Month), and it continues with a Developer Contest where we’ve got $20,000 in prizes up for grabs! To enter, you’ve got to make a Live Wallpaper or Mini-Game that includes the new Phandroid Logo and/or the NVIDIA/Tegra 3 Logo!
There will be 4 winners and each of them will get an NVIDIA Tegra 3 powered device along with a Phandroid Advertising package allowing them to promote downloads of their own application or game- a great opportunity to get tremendous exposure to a targeted audience!
There will be 4 winners, each who will receive:
- 1 of 4 NVIDIA Tegra 3 powered device
- Phandroid Banner Advertising Package (valued at $4,500 each) to appear on Phandroid.com, AndroidForums.com, and AndroidApplications.com to appear throughout the month of July.
How To Enter:
- Sign up and confirm subscription for the Phandroid Dev Month Newsletter
- Create either a (1) live wallpaper, or (2) game, that includes the new Phandroid Logo and/or the NVIDIA logo
- Game Example: Tic-Tac-Toe where the X and O are replaced with Phandroid logo and NVIDIA logo
- Live Wallpaper Example: Phandroid Logo with mouth chomping, chasing the NVIDIA Logo around your screen (nom nom nom)
- Your Full Name
- Your Full Mailing Address
- Your Phone Number
- Description of the wallpaper or game, how it works, and any background information you wish to provide that may help us make a decision and choose your submission
Selecting A Winner:
- The deadline for entry is June 30th at 11:59PM Eastern
- All live wallpapers and games submitted will be tested and judged by Phandroid staff
- Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Phandroid staff and announced in the days following the contest
- At least 1 game and 1 live wallpaper will be selected as winners
- Winners’ live wallpapers/games may be published on the Google Play Store under the Phandroid or Neverstill Developer Account
- All entries and containing source code and graphics must be 100% owned by the entrant (exceptions include Phandroid logo, NVIDIA logo, and open source libraries)
- Entries may include open source libraries, but must explicitly state/disclose where and what libraries are used when submitting their .apk and must ensure they follow all proper licensing regulations of included libraries.
- Entrants agree that upon entering an .apk into the contest they authorize Phandroid/Neverstill Media a global license to use the live wallpaper/game and source code for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to (1) Reviewing the submissions in a YouTube video, (2) Publishing articles and information about the submissions on Phandroid.com and other publications, (3) Publishing the APK under the Phandroid/Neverstill Developer Account on Google Play. ENTRANTS WILL RETAIN FULL OWNERSHIP RIGHTS OF THE SUBMITTED APK’s.
- Winners may use their Banner Advertising Package to promote any app or game available on Google Play, with a link to the app on the Google Play Store, but the promoted application/game and related banner advertising must first be approved by Phandroid Staff and may be deemed unacceptable for reasons including but not limited to: trademark issues, explicit content concerns, spam, etc…. In the event that Phandroid Staff disallows promotion of a specific app/game/image, winner will be allowed to submit alternate requests until both parties are in agreement.
- Winners must respond within 48 hours of receiving notification, or Phandroid staff reserves the right to name an alternate winner
- Phandroid reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason
We’re hoping that not only will this contest be FUN for developers, but it will also encourage NEW developers to test the waters and give WINNING developers the opportunity to promote their game or app like never before.
Good luck, happy developing, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!