T-Mobile will host the first US version of the Samsung Galaxy S II to receive its upgrade to Android 4.0. The carrier announced today via its Twitter account that the software upgrade will be released via Samsung Kies starting June 11th. Ice Cream Sandwich has been a long time coming for one of the most popular handsets of 2011, and users in the States have had to weight longer than most. It is unclear if the Kies update will give way to an OTA rollout at a later date. T-Mobile is promising more details soon.
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Semi-Official Android 4.0 w/TouchWiz Leaked F
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II