Google IO 2012 sold out so quickly that it was depressing. Developers were practically frothing at the mouth for the chance to fork over $900 per ticket. When the flood gates opened, the vast majority were sucked down a vortex of darkness and disappointment while the lucky few pranced past the IO gatekeepers with blissful ignorance. In what seemed like the blink of an eye, sides were divided, and developers were left either feeling like the Fonz or the last kid picked in kickball.
We know that WAY too many of you weren’t able to snag tickets. We wish (as I’m sure Google does) that we could help every last developer gain entry to Google IO. But we don’t have infinite tickets. We have one ticket. And we’re giving that ticket away to one developer… it could be you!
That’s right: as our first contest of Developer Appreciation Month, we’re giving away 1 Developer Ticket to Google IO 2012, and entering couldn’t be much easier.
(1) Grand Prize: One developer ticket to Google IO 2012
(4) Runners up: $50 Amazon Gift Card
How to enter (follow ALL steps):
- Sign up for our Developer Month Newsletter
- Confirm your subscription by June 4th, 2012 at 11:59 PM
- Use the social web or other online media to promote Phandroid’s Developer Appreciation Month and related contests, announcements, and content. Methods of promotion could include (but aren’t limited to):
- Posts/Links on social networking sites such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit
- YouTube video shouting out Dev Month
- Making a blog post on your personal blog or guest post on someone else’s blog
- Whatever you can dream up!
- Return to THIS post and leave a comment explaining how you promoted Dev Month on Phandroid (include links!)
- Three is NO limit to the number social posts entrants can make, but contestants will be judged based on the collective content of their comments below
- All entries must be received by June 4th, 2012 at 11:59 PM
- Phandroid staff will select one Grand Prize winner at their sole discretion, based on elements that include but are not limited to: creativity, popularity (retweets, likes, reshares, etc), originality, and effort. Grand Prize Winner must meet rules/restrictions seen below.
- Phandroid staff will select four Runners Up winners at random from the comments below. Runners Up Winners must meet the rules/restrictions seen below.
Rules & Restrictions:
- You MUST have an Android application or game available on the Google Play Store (published prior to June 4th, 2012) to qualify. We’ll verify the potential winner meets this requirement, and if not, alternate winners will be selected until this requirement is met.
- Winners must be able to attend Google IO in San Francisco and be able to prove their intentions to attend to Phandroid Staff. Phandroid staff will select another winner if, at Phandroid staff’s sole discretion, they determine the winner is unlikely to attend the event. (We want to make sure the winner actually uses the ticket for its intended purpose)
- The winning Google IO 2012 ticket is non-transferable and cannot be sold or gifted to any 3rd party
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59PM Eastern on June 4th, 2012.
- Winners will be contacted on June 5th, 2012 and an announcement will be made as soon as a qualifying winner can be contacted and confirmed.
- Winner will receive 1 Google IO 2012 Ticket subject to transferability authorization by Google.
- Winner will be responsible for ALL expenses directly and indirectly related to attending Google IO 2012 (except ticket cost) including travel , accommodations, and any other charges incurred in conjunction with this contest.
Desperately want to attend Google IO? This is your chance! Time to muster up some awesome sauce, carve up some social network comments, let the world know about Developer Appreciation Month, and potentially gain access to the top tech event of the year.
Want to get involved in Developer Appreciation Month? Contact us and start your message with “Developer Appreciation Month”.