Add one more continent to the Galaxy S III’s rap sheet. The latest flagship device from Samsung has launched in Australia. Samsung kicked things off at an event at Sydney’s Capitol Theatre, which featured an orchestral performance and plenty of celebrity faces. Australian are receiving the 3G version of the device with no plans solidified for the release of the 4G LTE variant. Telstra — Australia’s only telecom to offer LTE coverage — is in talks to launch the 4G GS3.
The Samsung Galaxy S III is available from most major carriers including Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, and Virgin Mobile. The 16GB version can be purchased outright for $899.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S3