Sony’s latest Xperia offerings aren’t lacking in style, and they are serviceable in the hardware department as well. If there is one area that easily falls under the “needs improvement” column it’s that devices like the Xperia S shipped with Android 2.3 and no quick plans to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich. Now a representative posting at the official Sony forums is shedding some light on when the flagship model will receive its share of Android 4.0.
The Xperia S can expect to see ICS sometime between late May and early June, which fits within the original Q2 2012 timeframe given by Sony. The company has been fairly transparent about the update process for other devices, and will hopefully be more forthcoming with details as the time draws near for the Xperia S to see its upgrade. It shouldn’t be much longer now. We’re halfway through May and time isn’t showing any signs of stopping.
[via The Verge]
- Sony begins Jelly Bean rollout for Xperia P,
- Sony releases AOSP for the Xperia Z, news reg
- First look at Jelly Bean for the Sony Xperia
- Sony provides updates on Xperia Jelly Bean pl
- Check out the Sony Xperia S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia S