Well, I almost completely forgot that this phone existed. The Galaxy S Phone with a pointless secondary display may have bowed out of the market unwanted, but that doesn’t stop Samsung and Verizon from supporting it with updates. The device has finally gotten an update to a new major version of Android and that version is Android 2.2. That’s not a typo.
Sure, it launched on 2.1 and never did get its Gingerbread update like its “fascinating” cousin, but it’s 2012. Froyo has a lot of nice features over Eclair, but again – it’s 2012.
And even though the phone was seen as DOA, it’s no less capable than the Samsung Fascinate. This might not be the last update, though, so we can’t say for sure if they will be done after this. Just give your lungs a break and don’t hold your breath. Do any of our readers even own this phone? [Verizon via Droid-Life]
- Is the Note Edge the next Continuum?
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- A Handful of Verizon Devices Reaching End-of-
- Froyo Leaks for the Samsung Continuum
- Check out the Samsung Continuum forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Continuum