We first told you of a possible ZTE tablet making its way to Sprint back in October after the V55 popped up in an FCC filing and now it looks like things are getting a little more official with this leaked internal Sprint doc. Dubbed the ZTE Optik, the 7-inch tablet will be available on contract for only $100 starting February 5th online through Sprint online and in stores March 11th.
Specs revealed in the leaked doc are as follows and take note of a complete lack of either 4G LTE or WiMax support:
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 16GB internal storage
- 1 GB RAM
- MicroSD card slot
- 5MP rear camera
- 2MP front camera
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 3G connectivity
- 4000mAh battery
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb
- $99 w/ 2 year agreement, $349 off-contract
An optional smart cover was also revealed, costing almost half of the Optik’s subsidized price. All-in-all, I’d say the ZTE Optik isn’t too shabby if you don’t mind getting locked into a 2-year for a budget priced tablet. Off-contract, seems like it would make more sense but even then, $350 is a little steep.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 prototype leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S6 cases appear
- Google Q4 2014 earnings
- Saygus V2 pre-orders delayed, priced at $550
- Check out the ZTE Optik forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: ZTE Optik