LG has provided an update on their Android 4.0 upgrade timeline via their Facebook page. For a selection of their 2011 smartphone lineup, an Ice Cream Sandwich treat will arrive starting in Q2 of next year. The first phones to receive the new version of Android will be the LG Optimus LTE, LG Prada 3.0, LG Optimus 2X, LG Optimus Sol, LG myTouch Q, and the LG Eclipse. In Q3, updates will start rolling out to the LG Optimus 3D, LG Optimus Black, LG Optimus Big, LG Optimus Q2, and LG Optimus EX. As can be discerned from the selection of handsets, the rollout will be global, though exact dates will vary by region and carrier. It also isn’t clear if re-branded variants such as the T-Mobile G2x (Optimus 2X), LG Thrill (Optimus 3D) and LG Nitro HD (Optimus LTE) are in line for the same upgrade schedule.
LG is “taking all possible measure to offer a smooth OS upgrade in a timely manner” and will be providing further updates, such as specific release dates, as they become available.
- Device encryption requirements lifted
- Hands-on: HTC One M9 Help app
- 9 HTC One M9 Themes
- New Android Pay details arrive
- Check out the LG Optimus 2X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the LG Optimus Black forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.