Electronic Arts has just released another arcade racing title in the Android Market with Real Racing 2. If you’re wondering why you never heard of part 1 well, that’s because it was only available for that other App Store until EA wised up. No matter. Real Racing 2 ups the ante from the previous version with absolutely insane visuals for Android devices, delivering ultra realistic environments and shiny car models. I mean, seriously — just look at those screenshots!
The game allows you to jump behind the wheel of 30 different high-performance cars in 15 different locations around the globe. Jump quickly into a 15 car race with Quick Race mode or take your time with circuit racing in Career Mode — however you decide to play, you’ll have a good time doing it. Full features include:
Test your racing prowess on a 16 car grid against highly skilled AI drivers.
- Select from 30 officially licensed cars including the 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500, 2010 Nissan GT-R (R35), 2012 McLaren MP4-12C, and more!
- Work your way from rookie to pro in a robust Career Mode, offering 10 hours of racing enjoyment. Jump into a Quick Race for instant fun – or race against the clock in Time Trial Mode.
- Race in 15 beautiful locations, with 40 miles of highly detailed race tracks, speedways and city circuits – including twilight and night races.
- Touch or tilt to steer, as you experience state-of-the-art handling with customizable options that tailor to your personal driving style.
- Experience the intensity of head-to-head racing with 5 unique camera angles and breath-taking graphics powered by Firemint’s exclusive high performance Mint3D™ engine.
Keep in mind that while Real Racing 2 is free to download, unlocking the full version of the game comes through an in-app purchase. The only problem I encountered was the same one others in the Market had with the game’s 470MB resource failing to download. Also, the game isn’t compatible with a good amount of Android devices (even high-end ones like the Evo 3D). But if you guys want to give it a go for yourselves, buckle up and test drive Real Racing 2 for free right now in the Android Market. Remember — no texting while driving.
- Sony's Google Glass competitor is huge
- Inbox now supports Android Wear
- Why you need Amazon Prime
- 2-in-1 charging cable deal