Sine ASUS announced their Padfone concept last spring, little new information has come to light regarding the dual-identity device. We are getting a fresh perspective on the combo handset/tablet thanks to an entry uncovered on the GLBenchmarks site. Though it was rumored that the Padfone might ship with a quad-core CPU, the device is seen here with Snapdragon S4 (Qualcomm MSM8960), a dual-core setup shown to be clocked in this instance at what amounts to 1GHz. Paired with Snapdragon chip is a qHD display for the smartphone half of the Padfone.
The phone is currently running Android 2.3.5 but it’s hard to imagine ASUS not wanting to get the setup on 4.0 by launch. The ability for Ice Cream Sandwich to work on both phones and tablets will go a long way in making the Padfone concept work.
[via The Verge]
- ASUS updating Padfone to Android 4.0.4, inclu
- Rumors of the week: Nexus Tablet confirmed by
- ASUS Padfone now available in the US for $860
- ASUS Padfone now available in Australia, pric
- Check out the ASUS Padfone forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Asus Padfone