While personally, I’m not too excited about the HTC Rhyme (don’t you dare call it a chick phone), I am excited about the way Verizon is going about promoting it. If you jump on the Verizon Wireless Facebook page you’ll see that they are offering a social deal for the device where the discount is dependent on the amount of “likes” the deal receives from Facebook users. Currently it’s around 500 likes, which roughly translates into a 25% discount off the device. If the deal can reach 2,000 likes in the next 5 days, the Rhyme will see a whopping 50% discount.
If you plan on buying the device you can even sign up for Verizon’s “Group Buy” on their Facebook page where they will notify you via email with the appropriate discount code once the deal comes to an end. Even if you have no interest in the device, why not “like” and get the word out? If this becomes a success, maybe we’ll see Verizon offer similar Group Buys for future devices (like the Galaxy Nexus).
- HTC Rhyme to get de-bloated in upcoming OTA
- Minor update prepped for the HTC Rhyme, still
- Verizon Wireless Sale: Droid 3, X2, Incredibl
- Verizon releases list of devices to receive I
- Check out the HTC Rhyme forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Rhyme