An update for you Verizon faithful looking to find a device you may want sometime soon. The Motorola CITRUS and the Motorola DROID 2 (along with its global counterpart) will both see end-of-life on the Android side of the spectrum. Both have had good runs but have been outclassed by sequels or better comparable devices.
There are supply shortages for several other non-EOL devices as well, including the DROID 3, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Samsung Continuum. For the first we’re not sure if it’s due to shortages or lack of demand, the second one has been a hot item up against the once-pricey Motorola XOOM, and the third one, well, we wouldn’t be surprised to hear that no one wanted this thing. Just sayin’. [Android Central]
- The 10 worst Android phones of all time
- Dutch court rules Galaxy Tab does not infring
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 receives CyanogenMod
- Apple loses UK appeal, must place ads saying
- Check out the Motorola DROID 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola CITRUS forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.