It was only 2 days ago we posted a questionable email from a Canadian HTC rep that informing a customer that the HTC Droid Incredible (1) would not be receiving an Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Or rather, “was not currently on the list” of devices on schedule for an update. Well, fast forward to today where we just received a Phantip from one of our readers who received an email from a U.S. HTC rep informing him the Incredible is still slated to receive the 2.3 Gingerbread update and that there has been no official release from HTC cancelling this.
Hate to say, “we told you so,” but just like in our previous post — grain of salt, people. It’s never gospel until you hear it from an HTC or Verizon spokesperson. Any HTC Incredible users out there excited about this news? Keep in mind, the email from the HTC rep also said there was still no estimated release date but sometimes hope is all we need.
- [Discussion] The best looking Android phones
- Original Droid Incredible receiving minor upd
- Bug gives access to WiFi passwords on certain
- Bootloader Officially Unlocked for HTC Desire
- Check out the HTC Droid Incredible forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Droid Incredible