The BlackBerry Playbook keeps us interested for one reason and one reason alone: its promised ability to run Android applications through the use of emulation software. The RIM tablet shipped without the functionality out of the box, but an update including the Android App Player was said to be coming this summer. We have seen a leaked version of the App Player in that time, but still no official update. It doesn’t look like it’s coming any time soon, after all. According to sources speaking with Engadget, the PlayBook won’t be officially running Android applications until late into the fall. With the tablet off to a rocky start and the appeal of the feature being quite the selling point, having the feature deployed by the start of the holiday season smells a bit like “do or die” at this point.
- NSFW: Samsung Gear VR porn
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- Check out the BlackBerry Playbook forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: BlackBerry PlayBook