The Android App Player for the BlackBerry Playbook was promised as part of a future update to RIM’s tablet, but thanks to some snooping by N4BB, a pre-release build of the apps emulator has been unearthed. What’s more? The Android App Player is based around Android 2.3.3, meaning PlayBook users will have access to a version of Android (albeit a very limited one) that most even Android users have yet to receive. That is assuming that the final build of the App Player is launched anytime soon. As it stands, the App Play could use a bit more polishing around the edges. It is apparently running a bit on the slow side and is missing some interface elements. We’ll be intrigued to see the final product.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the BlackBerry Playbook forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: BlackBerry PlayBook