The Motorola DROID X2 has finally gotten the same 2nd init support that its older, weaker brother has, which means custom ROMs could be on their way. If you don’t remember, this same breakthrough for the DROID X allowed folks to booth CyanogenMod, a truly custom ROM, onto the device without needing to have a locked boot loader. We imagined this would be good news for other devices from Motorola and we’re happy to see that it is indeed the case. This method is based on the one from the ATRIX 4G and it may not be stable just yet. But developments are moving right along and you’ll be getting some nice flash able goods before too long. Follow development at this XDA thread. [via DROID-Life]
- [Update: DROID 3 owners, too] Motorola DROID
- DROID X2 Over-The-Air Update Being Pushed Out
- Motorola DROID X2 Soak Test to Begin Soon
- Verizon Wireless Sale: Droid 3, X2, Incredibl
- Check out the Motorola DROID X2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid X2