Archos has just blown the top of our heads clean off with the announcement of two new Android 3.1 tablets. The ARCHOS 80 G9 and ARCHOS 101 G9 differ only in screen size, but it is what’s inside that has us so excited. Both slates make use of Seagate’s 7mm Momentus Thin HDD to give the G9 series a whopping 250GB of internal storage. A 1.5GHz dual-core OMAP 4 CPU provides the processing power. The tablets don’t feature 3G out of the box, but a full-sized USB port can be couple with an accompanying G9 3G WWAN stick for data on the go. A pay-as-you-go plan will be available for the USB dongle. The tablets also feature an HDMI port for 1080p playback.
The 8-inch Archos 80 G9 will retail for only $279, while the 101 G9 is priced at $349. Both will go on sale at the end of September.
- Archos G9 tablets get bug-fixing update
- ARCHOS G9 Turbo tablets now shipping with Ice
- ARCHOS releases Ice Cream Sandwich for its G9
- ARCHOS Announces Ice Cream Sandwich for G9 Ta
- Check out the ARCHOS 80 G9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the ARCHOS 101 G9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.