We aren’t exactly sure what has changed since yesterday’s statement that the HTC Desire couldn’t handle an update to Gingerbread, but the handset’s manufacturer has updated their UK Facebook page yet again, and changed their story in the process. Minutes ago HTC made a short post stating, “Contrary to what we said earlier, we are going to bring Gingerbread to HTC Desire.” How they plan on accommodating Android 2.3 along with HTC Sense if memory constraints really are a concern, we can’t say. We simply hope the process won’t involve compromising the quality of the update. Still, Desire users can rejoice, even though this is merely the beginning of what is sure to be a grueling wait for the update to launch. See what a little bit of internet backlash will get you?
[via Facebook | Thanks, Richard!]
- HTC: Samsung uses key component supply as a c
- HTC Desire users in the UK now Download the D
- HTC Desire Gingerbread Update Coming by End o
- Telstra Willing to Get Rid of HTC Sense to Pr
- Check out the HTC Desire forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Desire