I’m sure there were more than a few X10 users out there who thought Sony Ericsson may have forgotten all about them (weren’t they on Android 1.6 Donut for the longest time now?). But thanks to ThaiAndroidPhone who snapped some pics and even a quick video of a Gingerbread equipped X10, we now have an idea what SE has in store for X10 users.
Besides a firmware upgrade to the latest Android dessert, the video shows us that the Xperia X10 will also be receiving a new kernel (hopefully similar to what’s already on the Xperia Arc, because that thing flies), 10 million color support and given SE’s new policy on the subject, possibly a shiny new unlocked bootloader. Lets hope we will see this update stateside and soon because if so, this phone just went from “meh” to “fly” all in about 2 seconds.
- Hands-on: LG Watch Urbane
- Galaxy S6’s OIS vs. the iPhone 6
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet
- Lollipop on 3.3% of devices
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10