You have to give some credit to Sony Ericsson. The smartphone manufacturer went from Android OS updates that were few and far between to a lineup that not only features the latest version of Android at launch, but which also is receiving updates at a much more reasonable rate. SE revealed today that their Xperia Arc and Xperia Play will soon rank among the short list of devices running Android 2.3.4, the fresh-out-of-the-oven update that brings along GTalk video calling among other things.
The update will also include a little feature Sony Ericsson has been cooking up called Facebook Inside. It creates a deep integration between the phone and the social network, allowing users to “like” currently playing music, share all sorts of content, and contact and calendar sync.
The update is slated to hit UK networks next week, carrier willing. We can only hope Sony Ericsson extends the privilege to the soon-to-be release US version of the Xperia Play.
- Dead Trigger to get a huge new update soon [V
- [Update: Xperia only] Lara Croft and the Guar
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is NOT getting an A
- Verizon Xperia Play receives update with grea
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.