Verizon mentioned during their initial 4G LTE announcement that the plan was to eventually move over to voice-over-data for calls placed on their network. While 4G phones like the soon to be released HTC Thunderbolt won’t feature the functionality, it appears the LG Revolution will be the first in Verizon’s lineup to feature what they are calling VoLTE (Voice over LTE). This will open up their network for simultaneous voice and data usage, a thorn in Verizon’s side for sometime, but one that is being addressed with VZW’s 4G lineup.
The HTC Thunderbolt will have the capability over 3G thanks to technology inherent in the phone, but Verizon won’t be advertising it. However, we’re sure once the Revolution with VoLTE starts getting hyped up it will be a major focus.
- Bug-fixing OTA update heading to the LG Revol
- Verizon adding “remote diagnostic tool” t
- Rumor: DROID 3, LG Revolution Hit End of Life
- Verizon’s Black Friday Deals Revealed
- Check out the LG Revolution forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Revolution