More Android news we just couldn’t quite get around to. Bang it below for the goods on Notion Ink shipment delays, LG’s NFC payment plans, and Google’s search for in-house app developers.
- Droid-Life: HTC DROID Incredible running Honeycomb port, Verizon drops protection plan prices, and list of all rebate vs no rebate devices.
- Radio Shack is now carrying the recently announced LG Optimus V for $149.99. We expect Virgin Mobile – the carrier – to follow along shortly. Discuss it in our Optimus V forum.
- Speaking of LG, the company plans to roll out an NFC-based payment system using mobile devices at the point-of-sale across Europe in 2012.
- Froyo has been ported to the Samsung Transform. Front facing camera and the rear camera’s LED flash aren’t working. SDX Developers has the goods here. They also have the same for the Moment, and those can be had here. [Thanks, Tyler!]
- Notion Ink might need to delay some of you guys’ Adam orders due to issues with screens. They say only 5.3% of their customers have been affected.
- Google searches for dozens of mobile app experts via WSJ.
- Google also grabs up famous Binoculars Building in Venice, CA.
- If you’re tired of Google, and Bing too, you can check out Blekko. Their mobile app just launched today.
- HTC Wildfire on Three gets its Android 2.2 upgrade.
- The Samsung Galaxy Player pre-orders start Feb. 4th, and will be available just a couple of weeks later.
- Viewsonic Tablets Reach 60,000 units shipped per month.
- The Notion Ink Adam has received Clockwork Mod Recovery. Goods at XDA. [Thanks, Nick!]
- The weather widget from the LG Optimus 2X has been extracted and is now available for download here.
- LG Optimus 2X finally gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- Out of nowhere, LG releases Ice Cream Sandwic
- LG Optimus 2X to receive Ice Cream Sandwich a
- No Ice Cream Sandwich for LG’s Optimus