And guess what, it looks just like the CLIQ. Nothing about this device should make anyone want to pull an Eric Cartman and freeze yourself on top of a snowy mountain in anticipation of this device; if you do, you deserve what you get. I suppose they put some honeycombish lines on the keyboard, but don’t count on that as a sign of things to come. In fact, I would say expect it to launch with Eclair and get itself a taste of FroYo in September 2011.
Expect this device to come with a 5MP camera with flash, Bluetooth, WiFi and everyone’s favorite: MotoBLUR.
My predictions for this device:
- One month after launch: Dismal sales, T-Mobile still pitching it like BLUR is the only way to socialize.
- Two months after launch: T-Mobile slowly moves it to the back of the brick and mortar stores. Promise upgrade to Android ?? within coming months.
- Four months after launch: Launch new color, see results of month one.
- Seven months after launch: Loyalty Department begins giving them away to customers.
- Nine months after launch: Launch CLIQ 2 XT. Rinse and repeat.
Expect to see T-Mobile at CES, next month, sporting this device as well as a January 19th launch date.
Call me pessimistic about this device, just don’t call me from one.
- Motorola Cliq 2 getting Gingerbread 1.5 years
- T-Mobile’s Cliq 2 set to receive Ginger
- T-Mobile Android Lineup vs iPhone Offering Co
- Motorola CLIQ 2 Gets Leaked Gingerbread Updat
TAGS: Motorola CLIQ 2