In a press release (in Korean) concerning the bundling of Italian composer Ennio Morricone’s original music (and a few new ringtones and tunes) into the LG Optimus Mach, the South Korean branding of the LG Star (SU660) was revealed. It will go by the name LG Optimus 2X when the dual-core smartphone drops in that area of the world. A quick Google search turned up several YouTube videos of the handset that, if I’m not mistaken, haven’t gotten much attention due to the lack of the ‘LG Star’ name.
Here it is compared to the iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S:
Using its HDMI-out capabilities:
And scoring some impressive numbers against the Galaxy S:
There are a few more videos from the user zinna0000 posted within the past few days mostly showing off more HDMI-out capabilities. The phone is set to launch in Korea within the next couple of months, and we expect to see a lot more of it going forward.
- LG Optimus 2X finally gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- Out of nowhere, LG releases Ice Cream Sandwic
- LG Optimus 2X to receive Ice Cream Sandwich a
- No Ice Cream Sandwich for LG’s Optimus
- Check out the LG Optimus 2X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Optimus 2X, LG Star, LG SU660