There could be bad news on the Horizon for anyone owning a lower-tier handset or an older high-end phone like the Motorola Droid. When questions by Droid Dog‘s Alberto Vildosola about the chances of the LG Optimus line of phones receiving Android 2.3, the LG representative in charge of their Facebook fan page responded that it would not receive Gingerbread due to its requirement for a 1GHz processor.
Now I’m not sure how much we should trust the word of whatever marketing intern is running LG’s social media efforts, the sheer thought that my poor Motorola Droid might be at the end of its Android line has me more than a bit anxious. If this pans out, it could be the worst news to come out of the Gingerbread hub-bub. So let’s all hope it doesn’t pan out.
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Hands-on: Nokia N1 tablet
- GS6 finger scanner logs into websites
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the LG Optimus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Optimus One, Motorola Droid