In an effort to alleviate the stress of needing to re-root the T-Mobile G2 after the phone is rebooted, developer community hotshot Paul O’Brien has created an application that will provide quick one-click rooting for users. VISIONary is a standard Android application that is installed to the G2 and provides root in no more nor no less than one step.
Though faster than older methods, the new root method is still temporary as no workaround to the HTC-implemented root inhibiting code has been developed yet. If launching the app after the phone is rebooted and root is reset is a bit more work than you’d like, VISIONary is also available in a version that will auto-load and root at every phone reboot.
Not a complete solution, but an elegant one nonetheless.
[via Android and Me]
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the T-Mobile G2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G2