We’ve not received much word on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 – the device once known as the “Shakira” – since SE made their official unveiling, but following yesterday’s FCC approval, new rumors suggest that this phone will be priced to sell: less than $300 without subsidy. It’s clear that this phone was not meant to be aimed for those needing a superphone – that’s what the X10 is for – and this price would back that point up nicely.
For those that don’t remember, the device is equipped with a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 480×320, has a 3.2-megapixel camera, a 600MHz processor, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and will come with Android 1.6 and TimeScape/Mediascape. An upgrade to Android 2.2 is planned to go down later this fall after the device is launched (though no concrete availability and official pricing have come to light).
- Xperia Range Receiving Maintenance Upgrades
- Sony Ericsson X8 is Drenched in Black
- Sony Ericsson UK Publishes Xperia X8 Promo Vi
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Gets a Proper Video U
- Check out the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8