The latest to leak out of the Samsung camp regarding their Galaxy Tablet brings us three things: we can confirm it’s running FroYo (as we learned through the leaked firmware for the device last week), we’ve gotten a shot of the tablet’s software keyboard (which is nothing spectacular but looks very spacious even in portrait orientation), and that the device will be using a proprietary connector likely for data and charging, similar to what you’d see on an iOS device.
Even the browser – which we haven’t gotten a good look at before – looks a lot like Safari on iOS. It’s clear who Samsung is aiming for with this one, but we still haven’t seen enough to determine whether or not the Galaxy Tab will truly be able to take on the iPad. Hopefully more details will be released soon as we expect an official announcement sometime next month.
- Could this be Samsung’s 11.6″ Gal
- Flurry: Kindle Fire closes in on Galaxy Tab a
- Rumor: Galaxy S, Tab to Get “Value Pack
- Samsung Evaluating Feasibility of Getting And
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Tab