They weren’t kidding when they said the next Droid might be unveiled next week, as an official invite has gone out to media outlets for a press event that promises to unveil the next generation of Droid. Motorola, Verizon, and even Adobe are teaming up to showcase either the Droid X, Droid 2, or both…they didn’t quite say which.
My gut feeling is we’ll be seeing both since at least the Droid 2 is rumored to be getting Android 2.2, and Adobe would love to be there to show off Flash 10.1. Of course, I wouldn’t complain if the Droid X came with Froyo at launch too. We’ll be on hand with all the coverage you could want of the event, so stay tuned as over the next few weeks New York is playing host to not one but two big phone launch events (the other being the Samsung Galaxy S).
- Droid X Falls Into Campfire – Keeps On
- Update for Motorola Droid 2 rolling out now,
- DROID 2 Global Owners Seeing Update 4.5.692
- Motorola Droid X in line for an update, Motor
- Check out the Motorola DROID X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.