The Motorola Droid FINALLY got an OTA update to Android 2.1 – at least a small number of people have. A large number of the rest have manually upgraded to 2.1, dying to get the latest/greatest features. But now it appears that some ill affects could be realized due to the upgrade, namely a steep drop in frames per second on basic animations:
My first thought was that the “slow” Droid was also running more apps in the background, but they state that each phone had the minimum number of apps running – only what was necessary for the phone to boot.
The above test was performed by Phil Issler of Tesuji games and reported by Ed Burnette of ZDNet. Just a heads up – if you were thinking about manually updating you may want to hold off until this issue is addressed. Feel free to continue solving this mystery in the Droid Forums.
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- OG Droid Receiving Android 2.2.3 Update with
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Droid