First things first – we’re not POSITIVE that AT&T canceled the HTC Lancaster. Furthermore, we’re technically not even sure the HTC Lancaster existed since only rumors and no official statements were made about the phone. The evidence of its existence was pretty overwhelming though, and its sudden status change via recent rumors is troubling.
So what is the REAL reason that AT&T canceled or delayed the HTC Lancaster? We don’t have a definitive answer, but we’ve got 5 possibilities and we’re asking for YOU to chime in. Start your comment off with the # you agree with before explaining your point of view:
- The QVGA screen was a burden AT&T did not want to bare (explanation…)
- Development difficulties and failure to pass AT&T Certification (explanation…)
- Apple told AT&T that if they launched an Android phone, the carrier would no longer get the iPhone exclusivity deal (see comment #23 by JacobW…)
- It isn’t delayed/canceled
- Other… explain!
Why let the QVGA screen stop you? Have an Android firesale and pick up the lower end before competition does. Android is Android and pretty awesome/attractive regardless of most of the specs. Higher end users demand more but scoop up the low hanging fruit!
I can see #2 being an issue simply because we’ve heard about this happening for EVER. All these companies have had problems integrating Android for the first time. It’s a learning experience and only in the United States at least, HTC and T-Mobile are the only 2 companies to have ridden the learning curve to a comfortable place.
I can see #3 being a bargaining chip but I’m not sure how far this would actually fly. Sooner or later its going to happen, Apple has to know that. Although I could see AT&T delaying the phone to keep exclusivity for a new contract and then realizing the phone would be old by the time it launched?
Alright… enough of me thinking out loud. YOUR TURN: 1, 2, 3 4 or 5?
UPDATE: THE COMMENTS ARE SOMEHOW INFINITELY SCREWED… TOTAL PUBLIC OPINION FAILZORZ!!! SORRY FOLKS… I’LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO
- HTC Lancaster For AT&T Canceled?
- HTC Hero and HTC Lancaster Could Both Come Ju
- HTC Lancaster Coming To AT&T In August
- Pocketing your phablet, Inbox invites, buying
- Check out the HTC Lancaster forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Lancaster