On April 27th, 2009 Samsung made the rumors official: the Samsung i7500 would be the company’s first Android Phone. At least… that MODEL would be the first, but the name? A few days ago we learned that the Samsung i7500 would be called the Samsung Galaxy in France. How about everywhere else in the world?
According to inside sources of PhoneArena, the Samsung i7500 will be called the Samsung Galaxy not only in France, but in the whole… um… galaxy. The i7500 has already passed through the FCC so, if these latest rumors are right, we can hope to see Samsung announce the American-bound Samsung Galaxy in the next couple months.
Galaxy sounds a lot better than the assumed “Samsung Houdini” codename and certainly beats the i7500 model number naming convention. Don’t you think?
PhoneArena also suggests that the Samsung S8000, which some hoped would run Android, will NOT run Android and instead will be a feature phone with proprietary OS. It will go by the name Samsung Jet.
- Night Sky Wallpaper
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- Check out the Samsung i7500 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy, Samsung i7500