Easily one of the most wonderful times of the year for me is my Spotify Wrapped for the year. YouTube Music users will be delighted to know that their seasonal recap of their music for the winter of 2022 is now live for them to view! YouTube Music Recap – for those who don’t know is a Spotify Wrapped clone, except seasonal. It will nicely present your favourite albums, artists and tracks for the season and have a nice tie-in to your Google photos. Adding a more personal touch to your music and events throughout the season.
When you open the YouTube Music app, you should be immediately greeted by the banner saying that your recap is available for view. However, if that doesn’t happen, we have you covered for helping you find it through the app itself so you can get access to the features you want.
Open Overview in YouTube Music
- Go to the YouTube Music app on your mobile device.
- Please make sure you are logged in.
- Select your profile picture, then select About.
- Displays the playlist summary page and the top stats for the story.
- If you have photos available in Google Photos and have selected the Photos feature, your photos will appear in Recap. You can download photo cards and share them with your friends.
Viewing Stories and your photos
To view the story, select View Now. You can also download or share stories.
If you don’t see personalized photos in your summary, you will need to have photos already stored in Google Photos or you may need to opt-in to the photo feature.
- Open the Recap page in the YouTube Music app.
- Select Connect Google Photos image to match your favourite tracks to images.
- Drag the overview page to refresh and display your personalized photo album.