Samsung’s new Galaxy S23 Ultra is getting a lot of attention, thanks to the use of a new 200MP imaging sensor for the phone’s primary camera. In our Galaxy S23 Ultra camera test, we showed off dozens of images captured with the different cameras on the phone, which honestly looked incredibly good.
But looking at camera samples in a vacuum really doesn’t tell you much. So how do the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra cameras compare when matched up against one of the best competitors out there… the Pixel 7 Pro?
In this Pixel 7 Pro versus Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra camera comparison, we’ve captured more than 100 side-by-side photos and videos with the two smartphones to test them out in nearly every lighting condition possible. Take a look and the video and image gallery below and let us know which device you think has a better camera system.
Pixel 7 Pro versus Galaxy S23 Ultra camera specs
Pixel 7 Pro
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 25mm (main), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 48 MP, f/3.5, 120mm (5x telephoto), 1/2.55″, 0.7µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 126˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.9″, 1.25µm, AF
- 10.8 MP, f/2.2, 21mm (selfie), 1/3.1″, 1.22µm
- Video: 4k/60 (all)
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- 200 MP, f/1.7, 24mm (main), 1/1.3″, 0.6µm, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm (10x periscope telephoto), 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (3x telephoto), 1/3.52″, 1.12µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Super Steady video
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (selfie), Dual Pixel PDAF
- Video: 4k/60 (all), 8k/30 (main)