The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G is a good value-for-money smartphone for those with a budget of around $250. You get a phone that offers a 90Hz AMOLED display, a 48-megapixel quad-cameras, a 5,000mAh battery, and an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance. It comes with Bixby digital assistant which will help you get various things done in a convenient and fast manner. Even though Bixby is quite a capable assistant, it is not as good as Google’s own offering Google Assistant. This is the reason you may be thinking about ditching it completely.
In this tutorial, we will cover how you can remove the Bixby trigger from the side key as well as completely disable the wakeup command on your Galaxy A33 5G. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Also Read: How to SIM unlock the Galaxy A33 5G for free
Remove Bixby from the Galaxy A33 5G Side Key
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap the settings icon at the top right corner of the display
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced features
- Tap on the Side key option.
- Under the Press and hold section, switch the selected option from Wake Bixby to the Power off menu.
Now, whenever you will press and hold the side key on your Samsung Galaxy A33 5G, you will see the power off the menu instead of triggering Bixby. This is the menu that gives you options for powering off and restarting the phone.
Turn off Bixby’s wake-up command
- Open the app drawer on your Galaxy A33 5G and tap on Bixby
- On the floating Bixby bar, tap the compass icon located at the right
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Look for Voice wake-up and tap on the toggle to disable it.
This step will ensure that Bixby does not get launched even when you or someone else uses the voice command. If you have any other questions or doubts related to the phone, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.