Before you give your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE away or sell it, it’s highly, highly recommended that you perform a factory reset first. This is because you want to make sure that all your data and private information is wiped from the phone before you give/sell it to someone else. That is one of the reasons why you might want to reset the phone.
Alternatively, sometimes we encounter various issues with our phones that may require a factory reset in order to fix it, which is another reason to reset the handset. If you ever find yourself in either of these situations and need to know how to reset your Galaxy S21 FE, then this guide will show you what to do.
Before you begin
A factory reset is usually viewed as a last resort option if you’re trying to fix issues with your phone. This is because like we mentioned earlier, a reset will wipe all of the data including photos, contacts, saved settings, music, apps, and more.
If you find yourself in the situation where you need to reset the Galaxy S21 FE, then before you proceed, it’s best to perform a full backup of everything on it. This could be either to the cloud, to your computer, or an external drive.
This is just in case you may want those files later or if you want to save it for posterity, but either way, perform a backup before resetting. As always, proceed at your own risk!
Factory reset the Galaxy S21 FE (Easy)
Assuming your device’s display isn’t damaged and that you can still access the phone and its software, then the steps below will show you a quick and easy way to reset the Galaxy S21 FE.
- Unlock your Galaxy S21 FE
- Go to the Settings app on the phone
- Tap on “General management”
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset”
- Tap on “Factory data reset”
- Tap the blue “Reset” button
- Tap on the blue “Delete all” button to confirm
- Give it a few minutes and your phone should now be completely wiped and reset back to its original factory settings
Factory reset the Galaxy S21 FE (Hard)
In the event that your phone doesn’t boot up completely and you need to perform a reset, not to worry because you can actually do it via the Android Recovery screen. It is slightly more complicated than the steps above, but it still relatively easy, so just follow the steps below to complete the reset of your Galaxy S21 FE.
- Turn your phone off completely
- Connect the Galaxy S21 FE to your computer
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button at the same time
- After a moment, you should see the Recovery screen on the Galaxy S21 FE
- Let go of the buttons
- Press the volume down button until “Wipe data/factory reset” is highlighted
- Press the power button to confirm
- Press the volume down button to select “Factory data reset” and press the power button to confirm
- Your phone will now be factory reset and this process could take a few minutes
- Once the reset is complete, the Android recovery screen will appear
- Make sure “Reboot system now” is selected and press the power button to confirm