Following a rather frustrating release of Android 12 back in December, OnePlus is back with its first major update of 2022 for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. This time around, we don’t have any major new features coming to phones, but instead, the January Android Security Patch has arrived. Along with the Security Patch, OnePlus took this time to roll out a few bug fixes for its devices as it aims to clean things up with Android 12 and OxygenOS 12.
According to the changelog, this update will improve system performance “in some scenarios”, while also fixing a few issues pertaining to the display and even one bug that would end up crashing the camera. Here’s the entire changelog for the latest update courtesy of XDA Developers:
- Improves system performance in some scenarios.
- Fixes a display issue with charging animations that would occur in certain scenarios.
- Fixes a display issue with the notification drawer that would occur in certain scenarios.
- Fixes a scrolling lag issue with the notification drawer.
- Optimizes vibration feedback for some gaming scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where Camera might sometimes crash.
- Fixes an issue where Camera might occasionally not respond when you want to take a video.
- Integrates the January 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security.
The company has yet to publish an accompanying forum post, but it seems that a few users have already received this update. As expected, this update is rolling out in waves, as OnePlus brings its latest software versions to a smaller set of users before making it more widely available. If you haven’t yet received the prompt to download this update, you can double-check the Settings app to see if it’s arrived. If not, it should be making its way to more and more users in the coming days.