The new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is gaining a lot of attention, despite the fact that the phone made its debut roughly 6 months later than it was originally expected. The $700 price tag makes it the cheapest Galaxy S21 device in Samsung’s lineup, but it still sports a Snapdragon 888 chipset, a 120Hz display, and quite a few other bells and whistles we typically expect from Samsung’s flagship-tie devices.
That being said, Samsung has changed the camera hardware on Galaxy S21 FE in order to help achieve the lower price point. Many will claim this comparison isn’t fair, but we thought it would be interesting to see how the cameras on the latest Galaxy S21 smartphone compare to those of the Galaxy S21 Ultra – arguably one of the most capable camera smartphones currently on the market.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE versus Galaxy S21 Ultra specifications
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (main), 1/1.76″, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 76mm (telephoto), 1/4.5″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1/3.0″, 1.12µm
- 32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (selfie), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Video: 4K@30/60fps (all cameras)
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- 108MP (main) Phase Detection AF, OIS, F1.8, 0.8µm
- 12MP (ultrawide) Dual Pixel AF, FOV 120°, F2.2, 1.4µm (ultrawide),
- 10MP (3x telephoto) Dual Pixel AF, Optical 3x, OIS, F2.4, 1.22µm (telephoto),:
- 10MP (10x telephoto) Dual Pixel AF, Optical 10x, OIS, F4.9, 1.22µm (telephoto)
- 40MP (selfie) Phase Detection AF, FOV 80°, F2.2, 0.7 µm
- Video: 4K@60 (all cameras) 8K@24 (main)
Take a look at the video and sample photo gallery below to see how the cameras on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE stack up against those of the Galaxy S21 Ultra.