Until Google finally unveils the rumored Pixel Watch, the TicWatch Pro 3 is easily the best Wear OS smartwatch that money can buy. It’s the only smartwatch powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 4100 chipset, and provides a fantastic experience across the board.
Today, Mobvoi has released an update that is focused primarily on optimizing the software to make things run even more smoothly. This comes after another major update was released for the smartwatch, which added the ability to add a new Weather tile and UV indicator to your watch, along with an all-new theater mode.
As for what the update includes this time around, here’s the changelog:
- Enable the notification sound
- New screen brightness layout
- Improved speed of the tilt-to-wake screen
- Improved performance on Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 platforms
- Improved the smoothness of sliding
- Improved pairing speed when pairing with Android phones
- Support turning off the essential screen’s auto backlight
- Optimized the accuracy of off-body detection
- Updated security patch
As you can see this is quite a hefty update, but we’re all for it considering that its focus is to optimize and improve the performance. If you want to check to see if you’ve received the update yet on your TicWatch Pro 3, just place it on the charger, and open the accompanying app on your Android phone. If the update has arrived, you will be prompted to download and then install it on your smartwatch.