There have been mixed opinions about the hole-punch on the Galaxy S10 and S10+, but trust developers to find inventive ways to make use of the display hole. We’ve already seen clever wallpapers that hide the hole-punch but this takes things to a new level.
Made available first to the S10 and S10e, an app called Energy Ring is now available also for the Galaxy S10+ and it turns the hole-punch on the device into a battery indicator.
The Energy Ring app adds a customizable ring around the hole-punch on the Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10+ that indicates the current battery level. The circle around the hole-punch is not only useful to get an idea of how much battery is left, but also looks pretty cool and adds a nice aesthetic to your device.
Energy Ring features
- Can be configured from a width of 1 Pixel to a donut thick ring
- Puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
- The direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
- Can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games, etc)
- Can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
- Could have a mono-color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
- You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
- Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device.
You can see it in action below and best of all, Energy Ring is completely free in the Google Play Store.