We’re live at MWC where Xiaomi has just launched the Mi 9 in Europe following its initial announcement in China a few days ago. The device follows the trend of other Xiaomi devices of bringing flagship specs without the price.
Powered by a Snapdragon 855, 6GB of RAM, and triple camera setup, the Xiaomi Mi 9 is a powerhouse on the spec sheet. You’ll also get an in-display fingerprint sensor, fast wireless 20W charging, and a waterdrop notch, all for just €449.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specs
- 155 x 75 x 7.6mm, 173g
- Stainless steel
- Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, or Piano Black; Holographic effect
- 6.39-inch OLED display at 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 90.7% screen-to-body ratio
- 6GB RAM LPDDR4X + 64GB storage UFS 2.1 or 6GB RAM LPDDR4X + 128GB storage UFS 2.1
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 with Adreno 640 GPU
- MIUI 10.2 with Android Pie
- 3,300mAh battery
- Primary Camera 48MP 1/2-inch Sony IMX586 sensor, wide-angle lens, f/1.75 aperture, 6P lens, 0.8μm Pixel size, 12MP shots with 4-in-1 pixel binning at 1.6μm
- Secondary Camera 12MP telephoto Samsung S5K3M5 lens, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.0μm pixel size, 2x optical zoom
- Tertiary Camera 16MP 117° ultra wide-angle Sony IMX481 lens, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.0μm pixel size, 4cm macro support
- Laser Autofocus
- 20 Megapixel front-facing camera
- Optical in-display fingerprint sensor
Xiaomi Mi 9 Availability and Pricing
The Xiaomi Mi 9 will be available in Spain, Italy, and France from February 28 costing €449 for the 6GB + 64GB variant and €499 for the 6GB + 128GB model.
Pre-orders for the device begin today in France and will be available online through Xiaomi’s Mi.com website. There is an 8GB variant of the device that hasn’t made it to Europe, but 6GB should be sufficient for most people. The launch of Xiaomi’s lower-cost devices will no doubt do well in Europe where the likes of OnePlus are doing very well with affordable handsets.