The Nixon Mission was announced back in March, but skiers, surfers, and snowboarders will be happy to know that the Android Wear smartwatch is now available for pre-order. It’ll set you back $400 or you can customize your own for $450, giving you all sorts of color, band, and bezel options to truly make it yours.
What makes the Mission so special is that it has the highest waterproof rating of any smartwatch available: at 10 ATM Water Resistance, Nixon is confident that anywhere in the water or slope you take this bad boy, you’ll be fully protected. It also features real-time surf and snow condition updates powered by Surfline® and Snocountry, giving you a glimpse of how stoked you should be directly on your watch face.
Here are some of the top specs and features:
- 10 ATM Water Resistance
- MICLOCK™ lets you take all its Android capabilities in the water with you, without any of the worry.
- Shock resistant and super durable 48mm polycarbonate case.
- 316L surgical grade stainless steel raised bezel protects the touch screen and improves durability.
- Ultra-tough Corning® Gorilla® Glass built to resist the elements.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Wear 2100
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Bluetooth Low Energy 802.11n(2.4Hz)
- Sensors: GPS, Thermometer, altimeter, barometer, e-compass, gyrometer, accelerometer, and humidity sensors.
- Full round 1.39″ display
- 400 x 400 AMOLED screen with Ambient Light Sensor
- Capacitive touch screen with Multi-Touch & wet finger technology.
- 48 mm case
- 23 mm band with stainless steel buckle
The Nixon Mission will ship on October 10th… will you be ordering one?