Blackberry Priv is just about set to receive its first software upgrade since launch. While we thought Blackberry’s first upgrade would simply be a monthly security patch, the company actually had a lot of changes to swing our way.
Here’s what’s coming:
- An improved camera: implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of our camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.
- Better performance: tweaked the PRIV’s software to improve overall system performance
- Improved stability: update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.
- Enhanced security: release includes December’s security patches – rest easy knowing your device is protected against the latest Android security threats.
The update is rolling out to unlocked units starting today, while carrier-specific versions will get it November 7th. With that, we’re also told to look ahead to some forthcoming app updates:
- Camera: Great new filters to engage your artistic side
- Keyboard: Increased language support and emojis added to predictive typing
- Hub & Contacts: Now includes WhatsApp
- DTEK by BlackBerry: More notification options to alert you when apps use your info
And those are all due November 14th. To grab the update simply head to Settings > About > System Update and tap the “Check for Updates” button. You’re looking at a 475MB download so it’s worth hopping onto WiFi if you can.